Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Table Scape

I really enjoy putting together table scapes.  If I had an unlimited budget (which would probably never actually happen, but if I did...) I'd be in heaven because I could do every little thing that popped into my head!  Right now I always have to reign in my creativity, but I really liked how this table turned out.

Lance and I are in a gourmet dinner group.  All the couples in the group take turns preparing sit down, plated gourmet meals (do you know how hard it is to serve 12 plated meals?  I now know how the "buffet" concept became so popular).  I chose Hawaiian-Asian Fusion for my theme so this was my table:
It looked very pretty with tea lights lit up all over the table, but I'm not a very good photographer so I just took some basic pics.
It's hard to read the menu but we started with appetizers of Roy's Edamame and Crab Lemongrass tartlets.  Then we had a Maui Wowi Salad - another of Roy's recipes, followed by a cucumber cooler palette cleanser.  The main course was Asian Braised Short Ribs over rice and Thai peanut stir-fried green beans on the side.  For dessert I did a chocolate molten cake hot out of the oven served with cold mango or coconut gelato. Yum!

No comments: