Friday, July 8, 2011

The Countdown Begins

Today I walked into Riley's room at the hospital and noticed a little red mark on her cheek.  I walked over to see what it was and all of a sudden it hit me...her tube was out!  The red mark was from the tape that had been holding her tube in place!  I wanted to SCREAM!  I was so excited! Apparently, little miss Riley had taken her tube out on her own.  The doctor and nurse decided that since she was doing so well on her feedings that they would just leave it out and see how she did and today she did great. I gave her a 55 ml bottle and she ate it all in 6 minutes. Then later, I nursed her for 32 minutes. They weighed her before and after she nursed and she gained 70 grams! That's exactly what they wanted to see.  If she sustains her weight over the next couple of days and has no more bradys (a deceleration of her heart rate) she will most likely be home the first part of next week!  So the countdown is on.  All of the prayers and fasting are working! I feel so grateful!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man she is a Haight!!